We frequently see Smt. Sushma Swaraj, Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley, Venkaiah Naidu, and Nitin Gadkari on News Channels . They are the star ministers of Modi Government. Their decisions keep making news on every alternate day. If I ask you few more names of cabinet ministers then you might end up answering with Suresh Prabhu, Prakash Javadekar, Smriti Irani and Ravi Shankar Prasad. Others will end up with Uma Bharati, Ramvilas Paswan and Maneka Gandhi. There are 24 cabinet ministers in the current union council of ministers (as on 30th July, 2017). After studying portfolio of all, I found everyone hard working and dedicated. However, I feel that 2 ministers are underrated for last 3 years by media. Mr. Ananth Kumar from Karnataka and Mrs. Harsimrat Kaur Badal from Punjab are the lesser-known ministers of Modi government. Their ministerial work needs much more appreciation.
Birth date: 22 July 1959
Education: B. A. from K. S. Arts College, Hubli ; LLB from JSS Law College
Known For: He has been elected as MP from Bengaluru South for consecutive 6 times. He is representing the constituency since 1996!
Ministry: As on 30 July 2017, Mr. Ananth Kumar holds ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers since May 2014.
Important Decisions Taken by Ananth Kumar:
1. GST Bill consensus: Ananth Kumar helped Modi government to pass the historical GST bill in Rajyasabha by making consensus among all political parties in a very short period.
2. Generic Medicals: He opened more than 1900 generic medicals by June 2017. The Jan Aushadhi Kendras provide WHO compliant medicines at reduced prices.
3. Cardiac Stents: The decision to cut down the price of cardiac stents used in heart related surgery is major achievement of Ananthkumar.
4. Neem Coating: A large section of farmers use Urea in their farms as a fertilizer. Previously, Urea was subsidized by the government. Industrialists used to divert this subsidized Urea for their use. This led to the shortage of urea in the market. Ministry of Fertilizers and Chemicals decided to process the urea with Neem Coating to avoid the misuse of the fertilizer. This is another key decision taken by Mr. Ananth Kumar.
Birth date: 25 July 1966
Education: Diploma in Textile Design
Known For: She is widely appreciated for her dream campaign ‘Nanhi Chhan’ [English translation: Innocent Life]. Nanhi Chhan foundation works against female foeticide.
Ministry: She holds ministry of food processing industries as on 30 July 2017.
Important Decisions Taken by Harsimrat Kaur Badal:
- Mega Food Parks: Near about 32 Mega Food Parks are being constructed in the country. 7 Parks are already made functioning. These are situated in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand and Assam. Out of 7 Parks 5 have been made operational after Mrs. Badal took charge
- Cold Chain Grid: A total of 135 cold chain projects are under development. Around 74 plants are at last stage of completion.
- FDI: The ministry has allowed 100% FDI in marketing of make in India food items.
- Skill Development: Food processing has been added as a skill sector in the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY). This will develop required manpower for upcoming plants like cold chain plants and food processing industries.
Both the ministers are taking extra efforts for the betterment of society. We need to uplift their good work. I like Mr. Kiran Rijiju, Mr. Piyush Goyal and Mrs. Niramala Sitaraman too. But they are ministers of state; not cabinet ministers. Who are your favorite ministers?
I publish fantastic and superb stories happening in India.
Like YoursPJ on Faceook to stay connected.
Follow me on Twitter to stay updated.