Have you ever dared to tell your bosses annoying habit to him face-to-face? Have you ever thought of telling secret to your friend anonymously? If you are searching for a media to share your honest opinions to others without being caught then you are at right place! The ever-expanding app store has whole new app called ‘Sarahah’ to do this! Sarahah lets you express your honest opinions without getting traced!
Sarahah is anonymous messaging app that has gone viral on social media since last 2 months. First appeared on June 13, 2017 on the play store, the app has been downloaded by more than 10 million people till date!! Its going viral on social media because of its unique anonymity feature. The snapchat has even offered a feature to share Sarahah posts on your account. Its easy to link Sarahah to Snapchat account. Sarhah messages are annoying to most of the Snapchat users. hence, I don’t recommend to link Sarahah to Snapchat
The app is developed by Zain al-Abidin Tawfiq, software developer from Saudi Arabia. Interestingly, the founder has learnt programming from an Indian university and was working at Wipro in past!!
How to Use Sarahah?
- The download link of the app is given at the end of this post. Its size is 5.02 MB (for version 1.0.08) Download and install it.
- Upon opening for first time, it will show you major features like ‘Create Memory’, ‘Choose your Audience’, ‘Find People You Know’, etc. Swipe thrice to proceed and click on ‘Start Now’.
- If you are using this for the first time then select New Account else login into your account. [For New Account opening > Enter your desired username, Name, email ID, password. Tick on the ‘I agree on Terms and Conditions’ (only if you agree them :P). Click on Sign up]
- Once you create your account and log in, you will see 3 tabs named as ‘Received’, ‘Favorite’ and ‘Sent’. At bottom, there are 4 tabs indicating logos for ‘Messages’, ‘Search’, ‘Explore’ and ‘Profile’. Out of 4, Explore option is not available right now. Upcoming versions will have this feature.
- Under Profile tab, you have a gearbox option to change your settings. Under settings, the privacy option is important.
- Appear to search: If turned ON, it will make your username discoverable to other users.
- Allow Unauthorised Users to Post: If turned ON, anyone with your username can send you messages.
Once you setup your account, now shout out your username to the world and wait for the honest opinions from the world about you. My Sarahah link is yourspj.sarahah.com How about sharing your feedback about my blog through this app??
Why to Use Sarahah?
- Its easy to use.
- Graphical User Interface is easy to understand. The messages you receive appear in the squared bubbled pattern.
- App size is less just 5 MB. That’s it!!
- You cannot find the senders information under any cost.
Nothing is perfect! Sarahah comes under the category of ‘Nothing’. Right now, there is no option to respond to the messages. I wish developers will add this in upcoming update.
Do you know?
Sarahah means Honesty in Arabic!
Interestingly, there are sites claiming to break the Sarahah database. Believe me. They all are fake. No one can trace back the senders information as of now!
I publish fantastic and superb stories happening in India.
Like YoursPJ on Faceook to stay connected.
Follow me on Twitter to stay updated.